[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] Ground [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Ground

Hi Jay

It depends on the depth of your well and the depth of your water table.

A well deeper than 33 feet cannot use a surface-level pump. There are some
jetted pumps that can work but the efficiency is not as great. Your best bet
would be to pop the top off your well casing and look down into the bore, if
you see electrical wiring, you have an in-well pump. If this is the case,
the pump under your house might be a sump pump to mitigate flooding during
times of high rain.

I would use a 10' by 10' spread of chicken wire as a ground plane - well
pumps are a couple hundred bucks each. Keep things simple.

Dave