[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] auto coil HV supply [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] auto coil HV supply

Doug,

There are brands other than Corcom, but that is a name that comes easily to mind. I recall a discussion on the Hewlett - Packard discussion list a while back about a different brand that was subject to messy self-disassembly failures when they got old. I can't remember the specific name, or find the discussion any more, but it wasn't Corcom.

Any line filters like these should work:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CORCOM-EMI-FILTER-30-KG-30A-120-250V-50-400HZ-USED-8009-/181975331031

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Corcom-AC-EMI-Filter-Type-20R1-20A-115-250V-50-4000Hz-Used-WARRANTY-/171363486308

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-CORCOM-MODEL-20V1-POWER-LINE-EMI-RFI-FILTER-20A-250V-50-60Hz-/172033719223

No relation to any of the sellers. They are also often found at Hamfests, if there are any in your area.

Much easier to use a prepackaged line filter than to try to construct one from scratch by yourself.

Using RF bypass caps as Bert and Bill suggested in addition to the line filter will help as well.

Dave