[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] SSTC [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] SSTC

Hello Doug,
​​
I wrote a page as an introduction to SSTCs: www.loneoceans.com/labs/sstc2/
Hopefully it could be of some use to you.

Those you have linked are not what people would typically call an SSTC -
those are mostly 'ZVS Drivers' and they're just a type of oscillator which
is simple due to its low parts count, and when designed correctly can be
used to drive a variety of things like small high frequency transformers
(e.g. flyback transformers from TVs etc), and as such are a low cost way of
generating high voltage, among other things. But they differ from the
'typical' SSTC since the essence of a tesla coil implies an air core. :)

As a side note, I have some SSTC 4 boards leftover if you're interested:
www.loneoceans.com/labs/sales/sstc4/

Regards