[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] Static spark gap PSpice simulation [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Static spark gap PSpice simulation

Hi Fabrice,

R17/C8 form a low-pass filter.  I don't think there is anything critical
about the values, it was just necessary to keep PSpice happy.  If you're
seeing warnings about the pulse being too short, it must be that some crazy
VHF transients are occurring that are erroneously triggering the one-shot,
so they need to be filtered out.  It's been a VERY long time since I set up
that model (or any other sim model) and I don't recall the details.

R15/R16 also have no functional purpose except to provide a resistive path
to ground so that the initial node voltages can be determined.  If this
were a real circuit they wouldn't be needed, but with models having
infinite input impedance, we need to ensure there is a calculable initial
condition.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA