[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Voltage/power dissapation drop across HV DC current limiting resistors. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Voltage/power dissapation drop across HV DC current limiting resistors.

Matt,

what kind of HV source are you using to power the corona generator?

There must be some place where the low potential end of the HV circuit connects to ground. You could safely insert your DMM running in current mode between the low end of the HV supply and ground to monitor the corona current.

More risky, but technically possible for a one time measurement, would be to insert the DMM in series with the high potential end of the circuit -- between the supply and the corona electrode. You would just have to float the DMM and its leads away from any grounds, and be certain not to touch it during operation. A quick and dirty platform made of 4 clean Styrofoam hot cups with a top surface of corrugated cardboard could support the meter and leads on a temporary basis.

Dave