[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] JavaTC 3D [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] JavaTC 3D

For the most part, Javatc3d is just like standard javatc (which will remain available, this is not a replacement). Phil, myself, and a few others have used it for a couple years off and on (not too much time with it however). Yeah, it's been around a while, it just wasn't linked. Anyway, the main changes are:

1) The 3D graphic. This graphic requires that WEBGL be turned on in your browser. Allows you to manuever the coil around in 3D space and view from any angle as well as zoom in and out (mouse wheel). Most browsers have webgl turned off by default. If webgl is not turned on, it will likely break the program. I use Firefox, and it's not too difficult to turn on webgl there... just type in the address bar "about:config" and press enter... Allow yourself access when the message pops up... then search for "webgl.force-enabled" and set to TRUE. That's all there is to it. For other browsers, I have no clue (google is your friend).

2) The ring toroid is also new. The help file is here: http://www.classictesla.com/java/javatc3d/script/ringobject.html

3) In the secondary inputs a new input is extC(pf). Most of you should just leave this 0. This was pulled over from Javats (another version most were not aware of). For guys like Steve Ward, Phil Slawinski, and John Forcina who have built Tesla Guns (you may have heard and seen those on youtube or at say a Teslathon). Those particular coils used an external capacitor bank on the secondary coil. This is inserted mainly for that purpose.

Those are the main changes, the rest is pretty much Javatc as you guys know it. I don't have a downloadable version yet. Also, there are bugs (have no doubt about that). We will deal with them as time permits. One thing that can happen and I've seen it, is the graphic may all of sudden not show a component. Haven't put my finger onto why that happens yet, but it does happen from time to time. Only way to fix it now is to reload and re-enter data. The numbers however are not affected.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Best regards,
Bart Anderson (aka Gort)