[Home][2015 Index] [TCML] Hydroforming Toroids [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Hydroforming Toroids

The other day I was watching an episode of Mythbusters in which Jamie used hydroforming to fabricate a pontoon out of stainless steel. (Sorry I could only find this in Spanish) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxcOzPzqOi8 Is there any reason that we couldn't use the same technique to create toroids? It would seem that all one would need is three thick pieces of steel plate, a large outer ring, a small inner disk and a large bottom disk. A pressure washer would provide the necessary high
pressure water.  What do you think?

Dave