[Home][2015 Index] [TCML] High voltage diodes [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] High voltage diodes

Hello, all does anyone know a good source for HV diodes for rectifying NST?
Specifically up to 15KV at 30ma I would assume I need to account for RMS so
probably around 20KV.

I think I can get away with just one for half wave and maybe a cap for
smoothing it a bit, but that would need to be a pretty decent cap to deal
with 60HZ at that voltage.

I'm using this to build a HV DC fed VDG does anyone have any hints or
suggestions? I know I can find both diodes and caps in microwave ovens but
its a pain to pull them apart and they are commonly too low voltage.

I have found a few online retailers just wondering if there may be an
alternate source, or anyone have some for sale etc.

Thanks for any help!

Matt Sweeney