[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Variable Inductive Ballast [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Variable Inductive Ballast

Thank you David for a comprehensive answer. You may think me rude not
replying earlier but I missed your reply.
I have some articles from the web 'somewhere' about constructing one myself,
so was naturally interested in yours. I have always used a home-wound
ballast, and the current ballast (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTqRahADgds&feature=player_embedded  ) is
wound on old radar transformer cores, and handles 8kw easily without getting
warm. Drawback though is that sometimes you may need to contain the power
level, and currently most of us can only reduce the main variac output
volts. I favour the ability to run at full output volts on the variac to get
the pig's output volts high, but also have a lower power level at the same
time, short of swopping ballasts each time for different values, a SR is the
way to go.

Regards
Phil Tuck

www.hvtesla.com