[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Dual identical FRANCE neon sign transformers (15000v 60mA each) in parallel [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Dual identical FRANCE neon sign transformers (15000v 60mA each) in parallel

Thanks for the info Dave!

So if I have only 24" long 6" diameter PVC pipe to work with, I keep
reading that you need 2-3" on both ends of the pipe that I wont have then.

I'm assuming for the bottom end of he secondary pipe I would need to raise
it up 2-3" with a wooden block or other material BUT I am using 1" high
HDPE 12" long strips to hold the 50' of 1/4" refrigerator tubing, I would
assume I wouldn't have to raise the secondary only 1" then to make it even
with the 1" high HDPE strips. If it is raised only 1" I was thinking of
using PVC cement to attach it to the 1" high wooden block. I would then
attach the wooden block to the base with L brackets (non metal if I can
find them - but don't think it would matter).

At the top of the 24" secondary (assuming almost the entire 24" length is
wire wound - or 23 to 23.5"), I would make it only about 23.5" and save the
last 0.5 inch to attach some way a torroid. BTW: is a large sphere any
better than a large torroid on this 6" diameter (24 " tall pipe) wound 23
or 23.5" of 26 gauge wire?

I would like to use what I have already purchased but if I absolutely have
to have a longer 6" diameter, I think Menards has 10' lengths I saw online
but another expense for just being a few inches short with what I have at
24" already.

Another idea - since Lowes sells the 24" (6" diameter) pipe. what about
buying another 24" (6" diameter) pipe and using PVC cement them together
for 48" (6" diameter) and use a hacksaw to saw it down to maybe 30" or so,
Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks!

Tim