[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Dual identical FRANCE neon sign transformers (15000v60mA each) in parallel [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Dual identical FRANCE neon sign transformers (15000v60mA each) in parallel

Understand - there is nothing sacred about the 1000-1500 turns number or
the 5:1 aspect ratio.  They're just guidelines.  But I would definitely use
a 6" minimum diameter secondary, and using #26 AWG, a 28" winding length
gives a 4.5:1 ratio and ~1600 turns.  I was fortunate to have found an
abandoned scrap of 6" PVC at a construction site.  Failing that, try seeing
if any plumbing supply places have damaged pieces.  I wouldn't recommend
settling for 22" winding length - you want every inch you can muster
between the primary and the top load.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA