Thoughts?

 What are the resonant
 frequencies of the primary + tank cap and the resonant
 frequency of the secondary + top load as determined by
 JavaTC?  The secondary plus top load should be about 10-20%
 higher resonant freq then the primary tank circuit to allow
 for capacitive loading of the secondary plus top load by the
 streamers.

 Hope this
 helps

 Brian

 Sent from my iPhone

 Paul Novotny via Tesla <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

 > Hi
 guys,

 > I just
 tried my TC for the first time tonight after COUNTLESS hours
 of work on it.  Unfortunately, I am getting no streamers
 from the topload.

 Here are the specs of my coil:

 > Power Supply: 12,000 volts 30 mA NST
 >
 > Terry Filter
 >
 > Fan quenched static
 spark gap

 > Primary
 Circuit: Bucket capacitor measured at .0145uF, 7 turns of
 .25" copper tubing ID=6.5" OD=14" winding
 spacing = .25"  I tried tapping it at 4.4 turns, 3.4
 turns, and 6.4 turns.

 > Grounded Strike Rail
 >

 > Secondary Circuit: 3.5" pvc pipe
 coil form, ~875 windings of 24AWG enamel coated copper
 magnet wire - 18.5" of windings, topload toroid
 minDiam=4.25" majDiam=17"

 > LV end of secondary coil goes to ground,
 HV end of secondary connected to the toroid

 > Bottom edge of
 toroid is 3.25" higher than the top winding of the
 secondary coil.

 Primary windings go in the same direction as the secondary.
 Primary coil inside winding moves in a counter clockwise
 manner towards the outside end and the secondary starts at
 the lower side and winds in a counter clockwise direction as
 it goes up to the top.

 > I tried a few different coupling positions
 too, I tried an 1/8" below the start of the secondary
 windings, right at the secondary windings, and 1/8"
 above the start of the secondary windings.

 > Any help would be
 much appreciated!

 Here's one of my test runs: https://youtu.be/jQPxk-NqpT8