      From: Timothy Gilmore <tdg8934@xxxxxxxxx>
 Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2015 5:25 PM
 Subject: Re: [TCML] Dumbing two Smart Franceformers

David,

I have 2 of the non-GFI Franceformers but 15kv 60mA. I found this link to
be helpful if you need to remove GFI:

http://wierdscienceandtechnology.blogspot.com/2013/10/building-tesla-coil-in-9-easy-steps.html

In the Step 1 Transformer section.

Your questions:

1) Can the Smart GFI be removed to make it a dumb Franceformer?

I believe they can be removed but do it carefully if possible from the
instructions link I sent.

2) What are the odds I could connect sec.s in series for 24,000 vac?

Not possible to connect in series since they have grounds center taped.
Never safe for Tesla coils to connect NSTs in series. Always connect them
in parallel and have them phased correctly. Being the same models, like
mine are, they should be identically made so the left side output of 1
transformer connects to the left side transformer of the other. Likewise
the same for the right side. Also connect the 120vac connections the same
so the HOT lead goes to the same HOT lead, Neutral goes to Neutral and
Ground goes to Ground between the 2 transformers.

3) Or could they be connected parallel for 120 mA?
You want to connect them in parallel when phase connected the same to get
the highest current output of 120 mA. Current means longer sparks. Voltage
will tag along with current.

Good luck.

Tim