[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Resin or fiberglass perfboard for terry filter? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Resin or fiberglass perfboard for terry filter?

Dave,

I'm sorry for the confusion -- I totally missed the fact that you are using a 3 phase motor on a VFD. Most VFDs rectify the line AC to DC, and then chop it back up to AC at a variable frequency to drive the motor. I'm not familiar with VFDs that have an AC output frequency locked to the line, but that would kinda defeat the purpose of a variable speed drive in the first place.

You can't file flats on a three phase motor. That trick only works for single phase motors.

I believe that with judicious choice of a run capacitor, a three phase motor can be run on single phase power as a capacitor run motor. Whether this arrangement would be synchronous, I don't know for sure, but it would not be too hard to test out.

Fortunately, others have offered better suggestions than mine.

(Another) Dave