Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 12:00 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Number of stationary electrodes & gap spacing in RSG

I never thought about running mine in parallel. I used to run a two gap RSG with the circular shorting bar, but now run with four gaps, one stationary gap on either side of the flying electrodes, with a shorting bar across the back two stationaries. That's four gaps that have to line up all in series, and it's never been a problem, as far as I can hear, or firing my static emergency gap. I've played with varying the distances, and even tried a static vacuum gap in series with that. Unfortunately, I never documented which seemed to work better. I may try the parallel setup, as the reason I added a series gap was to try and minimize the "trailing" sparks.