[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Keying a spark gap tesla [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Keying a spark gap tesla

On 11/21/14, 10:54 AM, John Cooper wrote:
I was wanting to either key the 120v supplied to the nst or thru a relay still to the nst and 12v from my power supply.  I can't make it play musice like a drsstc but at least I was hoping to throw out some code.

Get your J38 out and go to town.. I'd use a relay (like any of the 10A, 120V surplus relays around, if only because having line voltage on the exposed chassis of the key would make me nervous.

It's not like you're going to be hammering out 45 wpm, so the few milliseconds for the relay won't even be noticeable.

I don't think CW skimmer will decode your signals, though<grin>

Sent from my Cricket smartphone