[Home][2014 Index] [TCML] Keying a spark gap tesla [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Keying a spark gap tesla

Can a spark gap tesla be modulated by cw (morse key)?  Not too cause interferance or actually transmit rf but just to play with.  Back in early days of radio this was done with a spark gap transmitter.  But I dont think they actually had high voltage on the key itself?  If I broke the 120v with the key powering the nst wouldnt it weld the contacts eventually?  I think I could do it using a 12v relay but not sure bout the lag between key closure and relay activation.  Has anyone heard of this or has messed with spark gap tranmitters?

John cooper WT5Y

Sent from my Cricket smartphone