[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Bifilar Coils [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Bifilar Coils

Jim, I agree on your points.

What do you think about putting a capacitor in series with one of the
wires? That should create some interesting voltage patterns at the top
load, shouldn't it? Instead of a simple sine wave of voltage peak there
could be several simultaneous voltage peaks in steps. Also, the multiple
peaks can be static or time varying.

Certainly, the overall streamer length will suffer under most wave
patterns, but it could be possible to create more diverse streamer dynamic
and possibly even extend the streamer by almost double with just the right
frequency combination.

Installing a variable capacitor at the base of the coil on one of the legs
could add even more interesting effects. At the base of the coil it would
only be necessary to have a capacitor with high current rating. The
potential should be near zero in a tuned coil.

For that matter, wouldn't a carefully chosen capacitor placed at the ground
terminal of a single-wound secondary coil provide more reliable streamer
output?

Dave