[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Base [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Base

On 3/2/14 11:42 AM, t-burns14 wrote:
I have an opportunity to use a CNC milled piece for my base, as seen
in one of the Geek Group videos. The milled a spiral into the piece
of plastic and then just hammered the tubing into the spiral cutout.
I'm wondering what material would be good for that. They might have
been using High Density Polyethylene, because I remember them saying
it was food grade and polyethylene is used for cutting boards. Any
insight? Thanks

It probably *was* a HDPE cutting board, unless they happened to have a source for HDPE scrap. Otherwise, you're buying a 4x8 foot sheet of the plastic.

HDPE cutting boards are readily available in a variety of useful sizes, and are cheap. There are also polycarbonate cutting boards.