[Home][2014 Index] [TCML] OBIT transformers [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] OBIT transformers

Hello everyone,

Short version

Item: about 30 OBIT's
Location : Phornixville PA
Cost: FREE
shipping: Pick up only

Long version

So, a tree decided to kill my parents shed (thankfully sparing my potential transformers).   But due to the reallocation of space in the basement I need to part with my stockpile of OBIT's.  I haven't done anything with them in a while anyway it's time.

OBIT stands for oil burner ignition transformer. They are the old school iron core type, 10kv 23ma.  No gfci.
Some are new in box, the rest arnt,  all should work and were pulled working when doing the solid state upgrade on furnaces. I acquired them when a friends father sold his oil company and retired.

I used these very liberally in my early coiling years. Sometimes paralleling as many as 10.  I had so many I didn't care if I killed one,  just went and got another. It was a good time.

I have never used any of the ones I'm offering.

I have about 30 or so.

If you want to donate to the new shed fund. That's fine. But the advertised cost is

FREE

Just come and pick them up.

I am not shipping these, I live about 4 hours away from my parents house, and my parents don't want to deal with it.

I hope someone wants them. It would be a shame to have to scrap em.  Esspecially since they are so useful for the small beginners coils.  And getting harder to find.

Cheers
Jay Howson

Sent from a tiny phone with a tiny keyboard.