[Home][2014 Index] [TCML] was transforner design reverse enignerering, now DC Resonance charging circuit considerations and components [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] was transforner design reverse enignerering, now DC Resonance charging circuit considerations and components

Thank you Phil, Bert, Greg, et al!

The inadequacies of .125 electrodes at high powers, is well noted! Since I
am constructing a 5/8" g10/fr4 with .5" electrodes 2.25" in length and
probably 9/16" dual fixed in series, this should handle anything I
personally have to throw at it, however dwell time bears consideration. This
will be very similar to Bill Wysock's classic design.

The problem now becomes the mechanical limitations. This will be very well
constructed and balanced. I do believe spinning this mass beyond 500 bps
would be pushing the limits. It is a 10" disk with .5" of outer space to the
edge of the electrodes. The motor is DC with a 5/8" shaft. This will be
mitigated as I am having a substantial hub machined which will tightly
collar the shaft to the inner edge.

Bert Hickman's ongoing contributions to the physics of this endeavor have
been enormously appreciated as has Greg Leyh's early design notes!

This sort of collective knowledge and creativity is ever so invaluable!

Jim Mora