[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] New nst/primary strikes [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] New nst/primary strikes

John,

While there are certainly steps that can be taken to significantly REDUCE primary / strike ring strikes, from my personal experience, there is really no way to TOTALLY ELIMINATE them, short of reducing the input power to the point that the coil cannot produce long enough streamers to reach the primary / strike ring. For example, my pig powered Green Monster system has a 49.5" x 12.5" diameter secondary coil and a 12 x 56 top load, whose bottom is about 50" above the strike ring. The strike ring radius is only about 20" (40" diameter) but with a good 12 ft. of point to point reach of the streamers, it's a tall order indeed to eliminate strike ring hits, even with the OD of the strike a full 16" smaller than that of the topload.

Sent from my iPhone