[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] LC Circuit [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] LC Circuit

Thanks to all. Your answers have helped me understand these principles better. I went looking online for a u-shape tube in order to see an example of the popular 'electricity as hydraulics' analogy. I did not find one but I did find this wikipedia article on 'electricity as hydraulics'. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydraulic_analogy I will have to study the issue in depth in order to understand LC circuits clearly. I am showing my coil to some middle school children on Thursday and was planning on bringing a pendulum in order to help teach the concept of LC circuits. I kinda like the water sloshing back and forth in a glass tube analogy.

As a side note, the wikipedia article has a hydraulic analogy of a capacitor. It is a tank laid on its side with a connection on each end and a rubber diaphragm in the middle of the tank. No water can pass through the rubber diaphragm. I have been confused about this as of late thinking that water (electricity) can pass through diaphragm (dielectric). However the illustration leads me to believe that only pressure is passing through the tank (capacitor). Obviously my difficulty in grasping these concepts is due to my lack of understanding the concepts that need to be understood before I can grasp these concepts. A few hours of studying will help me achieve this goal.

Best Regards,
Jim