[Home][2014 Index] [TCML] Thyratron Switched Tesla Coil [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Thyratron Switched Tesla Coil

Dear Group,
I have a large thyratron I purchased years ago and want to build a coil
with it.

Does anyone have a schematic for a relaxation circuit around (to suit a
tesla coil)? I was think of using neon bulbs after a megaohm resistor to
create a relaxation oscillator to trigger it.

I used florescent bulb starters once after a megaomh resistor to trigger a
relay which dumped 400v from a 20000uf capacitor bank into a ignition coil
which had a capacitor in parallel to the primary. It would produce a loud
thump every 5s and a large discharge about 5cm...

The relays soon died but the discharge into the concrete was impressive :)

Hoping to pull off the same thing again but with a higher cyclic rate. I
want to produce impulse currents.

Any ideas would be welcome. I only have mots for a power supply...

Cheers!
-Wil