[TCML] Coil Died

The coil that I just silver soldered together the broken brass strip
primary will now only produce a weak purple spark from a break-out point.
It performed fairly well with the broken primary. Help!

The rest of the story is while I had things apart I replaced the four
paralleled door knob caps with an MMC string of 12 .15uF caps in series.
The door knob caps produced .011uF and the MMC string .0122 uF per my
Wavetek meter. Also increased the gauge of all the tank circuit wiring.
Everything else remained the same.

The first attempt produced a very weak, purple single discharge. I moved
the tap point on the primary which improved the performance a little, but
then several white arcs shot down the length of secondary. There was no
apparent damage. After that I could only get a weak discharge from a
break-out point no matter where I tapped the secondary.

I do need to use this coil in the near future and will appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Tim Flood