Re: [TCML] Brass Strip

On 10/4/13 6:18 AM, Tim Flood wrote:
Does anyone have a source for brass 1/2" wide by .020 to .030" thick by 20'
long? Yes, I am checking on line.

does it have to be brass.

Long strips of copper are available from places like Georgia Copper.
It's also used in making various craft projects.

The performance of my small TC has dropped off so I was doing some
upgrading last night. I found that brass ribbon primary had cracked in half
about two turns out from the secondary.

why not just braze/solder the strip back together (although I understand it may not look as pretty then...)