[Home][2013 Index] Re: [TCML] Re. Rotor material [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Re. Rotor material

Hello Phillip,

first I must say that I find your big coil very cool!

I had to consult google first after delrin. As I understand it is called POM, polyamid or nylon.
I work with polyamid occasionally in my machines. For a RSG rotor I tend rather to pertinax (phenoplast or tufnol) or G-11.
Polyamid is usually very soft. There are also various hardships. If it's a hard version, it should be possible for a rotor.

I use mostly 3000RPM sync gaps. My flying electrodes are not very hot. That's why I thermally no great request to the disk material.
About the temperature of the flying electrodes one arsg I can say unfortunately nothing. Probably the flying electrodes are even hotter?!

Greets, Arne