[Home][2013 Index] Re: [TCML] Disc Dia. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Disc Dia.

Thanks to Phil And David for posting.

I do check the archives frequently, but don't always find what I'm looking
for in the time available.

Phil: The motor I have is a 1/12 HP synchronous motor that turns this small
rotor with power to spare. I plan on using four rotating electrodes and one
pair of stationary electrodes, one front and one lined up in back opposite
each other.

Some posts in the archives do mention that even a synchronous motor should
be mounted in an adjustable cradle for phase adjustment. Any thoughts?

I too thought my coil building days were behind me until my coil died. This
one was built back in the 90's. The dead coil was used for demonstrations,
before it's untimely death. Now I'm scrambling to put something decent
together.

Tim