[TCML] Mot power supply question

Hello List,

I have a quick question on Mot stacks. I have my coil up and running
great with my 4 pack, but my goal, at least until I can find a pig, is
a 6 pack. I started out this way but have had problems burning up my
mots. Not always the last ones on the legs either. So far I have
killed 6 of them and have now acquired 2 more and want to give this a
go again.

A bit of history here for you.

All of the mots before were unmodified except for disconnecting the
core and secondary on the back 4.
The middle 2 are center grounded.
Input is 120 at a max of 30 amps ballasted with 2 mots in series and
the secondary side shorted.
All mots are under oil.

Now to further improve things I will be pulling the shunts out and
removing the filament windings which had not been done before.

The new stack will not be matching but I have my weakest ones in the
back (Matched) the middle ones are also matched and the last ones in
the stack are not matched but are very beefy.

I do not want to burn any more up and was wondering if there is any
advise out there in regards to this to make this more successful then
my last few attempts. I have dug and dug in the list and through
google but it seems most of the data linked to this is no longer
there.

Thanks in advance!

-Andrew