Re: [TCML] Variac

Thanks David,

I did consider a hamfest, but the first one isn't until the middle of July. Would really like to try out my new PT and start making a rotary gap before then, if the budget permits.

Tim

From: "David Rieben" <drieben@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 8:01 PM
To: "Tesla Coil Mailing List" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [TCML] Variac

Hi Tim,

I would suggest looking in the next available hamfest that comes to a town near you. I've found that you can get much better deals at hamfests than through eBay. Plus, you don't have to worry about shipping charges. I have a 120/ 0-140 volt, 22 amp rated 136B Powerstat that I picked up at a local hamfest just a few years ago for a song. I wanna say that the vendor was only asking $30 for it, IIRC. I didn't even try to haggle with him over the price, just promptly pulled out my wallet and handed him the money and headed straight to my vehicle with it. That was too good of deal to pass up ;^) http://www.arrl.org/hamfests-and-conventions-calendar

David
www.pupman.com/mailman/listinfo/tesla