Re: [TCML] About those Power Arcs

About how strong of a magnetic field are we talking? From what I've read, you're talking near interger quantity, in Teslas, of magnetic field intensities for this to be an effective method of quenching. Neodymium "supermagnets" come to mind, but you may also need a way to insulate the magnet from the heat, as Neo magnets have a relatively low Currie temperature. Perhaps a really stout electromaget would work as well?

David