Re: [TCML] Potential transformers and generators

Roger that everyone thank you for the input.

As it turns out unknown to me, my dad installed a 240V 30A outlet right in the backyard to go with his fancy generator, What luck =)

As for the potential transformers, They are dual horned, but I have no clue which horn's output is closer to the core/primary.

It does not seem likely that there would be any way to determine this without opening them up, and I really have no intention of doing this.

They are .75Kva thermal, 120 in, 8.4 Kv out.
I bought them from a list member a few years back, I was told they can be pushed to 3Kva for short intervals.

1409064-C, 1409064-A (not sure on the manufacturer) I thought they were the same, but A vs C apparently, i think ill measure the various properties and make sure.
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q295/JHowson/Tesla%20Coils/Experimental%20DC%20Tesla%20Coil%20%20%20code%20name%20TRON/1%20Transformer/GEDC1539.jpg

Gonna need to make a ballast, I'm feeling 2 500' AWG12 spools in series might do the trick, until i can find an old welder core.

Cheers,
John "Jay" Howson IV

"Why thank you, I will be happy to take those electrons off your hands."