Re: [TCML] Condenser Products capacitor and Sprague Doorknob capacitors relisted

Hi, Ed,

No, the Condenser Products cap I have is NOT from the ones from the group buy that some had issues with.

Although the part number is the same as the ones in the group buy, this cap was manufactured after. The physical difference is the diameter of the threaded stud connections, which is smaller on this cap than those on the group buy.

The original issue was that the dielectric strength of the PVC housing is only 10KVAC (as clearly stamped on the housing), although the voltage rating on the cap itself is 20KVAC.

When the cap is run over 10 KVAC without proper insulation between the cap housing and the floor or other object, the breakdown in the cap housing would cause destruction of the cap.

It is recommended that the cap be run inserted into another piece of PVC tubing for additional insulation if it is lying against the floor, plywood, or near another conductive surface.

Don