Re: [TCML] SCRTC?

Carl,

The topic has been addressed extensively in the past. SCRs are too slow to be of use in TC work. If they were faster, all of us would use them.

Dave

On 1/6/2013 3:32 PM, Carl Noggle wrote:
Hey--

Has anyone ever built a TC with an SCR switch? If you put a reverse diode around it, it should work like a spark gap. You would probably have to keep the gate drive on until all the ringing has subsided. I have some SCRs that are rated at 1.6kV and 9.1kA for a half cycle at 60 Hz. That is way over the performance of the SG in my 1800W SGTC. This kind of service doesn't come close to the dV/dt ratings.

Thanks---

Carl