RE: [TCML] Source for Tungsten Rod?

If you are planning to use the entire 12" in one piece, that might be your
best option.

TIG Welding electrodes are generally 7" in length and you can buy ten pieces
(70" total length) of 1/8" pure tungsten rod for $34 plus $5 shipping from
Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/TIG-Welding-Tungsten-Electrodes-Green/dp/B004W0K7X4/re
f=sr_1_24?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1377925894&sr=1-24

This is 56¢ per inch including shipping where your McMaster price is $1.96
per inch not counting shipping.

Do you have a welding supply store nearby?

Dave