Re: [TCML] Re: Tesla Digest, Vol 69, Issue 27

Hi Carl, all,

Looks like mine is definitely threaded on, as there is no key way slot and I just ran it this morning slowly enough through my variac to watch the end of the shaft, which is just about flush with the pulley end of the flywheel. I can just barely see that the thread-spin orientation is definitely a left-hand thread, though. I even compared the thread inclination of the shaft with that of a known standard right-hand threaded bolt to completely verify my suspicion. So it looks like the "best" way to go about removing the flywheel/pulley assembly from the shaft is to remove the armature from the motor shell, firmly clamp down the armature via padded vise jaws and proceed to twist off the flywheel from the shaft, noting that the flywheel/pulley will need to be twisted CW to loosen.

David Rieben