[TCML] Fwd: Vttc video and math

Anyone with vttc experience should feel free to email me off list too if youd like. Im sure someone out there on the list besides me enjoys problem solving and just shooting the sh*t about coils :) :)

Somethings im still only partial on -

I assume no news is good news about my connections at least.

When i enter the information for my MOT (2000v and 500mA and 60Hz) JavaTC returns 4000Ohms impedance. Am i correct to use this as a value for T1 when trying to match it to the load impedance of the tubes?  In this case 1562Ohms. This sounds ok to me. Are there tubes out there that will really exceeed a standard MOT?

Think the inductance of my primary needs to be lowered by say using a thinner guage wire but keeping the same frequency?  Looks like that would raise my Q value too.

Is there a way to verify tube life without a "tubetester?"  Is it advisable to measure the annode of the tubes at a low setting on a variac?  My thought was if im applying voltage X to the MOT that the Voltage coming off the annode should reflect that at a specific higher voltage. Is there a formula for verifying that??

Thank you.

Simon
(Go Packers!)

Begin forwarded message: