Re: [TCML] Tesla files

On Fri, 7 Sep 2012, Andreas Hahn wrote:
Lasers even have analogues to SGTCs (flashlamp-pumped lasers) vs SSTCs (CW lasers). There is of course none of the two-way interaction between primary and secondary in a laser, as far as I know, so nobody's made the laser-equivalent of a DRSSTC.

Perhaps I wrote too soon: I just remembered the diode-pumped solid state laser, in which one laser excites resonance in another. (unlike a Tesla coil, the DPSS laser "primary" operates at a lower harmonic frequency or the fundamental, while the usable "secondary" laser output is at a higher harmonic frequency.)

See http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/lasersam.htm for more on all this...