Re: [TCML] on rotary gaps and tone wheels

On 10/23/12 12:27 PM, drieben wrote:
As far as that goes, how in the world could you capo a
tambourine? Sounds like the folk music store was stringing
your friend along to me. And it also seems to me that it
would be easier to just go with a SSTC with electronic
modulation than to try to build the nightmare of a me-
chanically driven musical SGTC.

SGTCs have higher peak powers and lower electronic complexity (yes, a mechanical setup to get from keyboard to multiple rotary gaps would be quite complex, but, hey, no worse than a piano or harpsichord)

But I think another appeal is to do something with (conceptually) only technologies available to Tesla (except, of course, modern insulation, transformers, and capacitors).