Re: [TCML] Re: Spark models, revisited

Jim,

Big snip...

> A lightning stroke is on the order of 20kA and has a diameter of about 0.5cm. 10-100kJ/meter dissipation.

So if I dumped 45kJ through a 1.0cm gap (450kJ/meter) that would be more than equivalent to a 1.0cm long lightning stroke?

That would explained where my HV Contactor and wiring went :-)

http://brianb.org/images/Backyard%20Science/Quarter%20Shrinker/Accident/P1260227.JPG

FYI - The root cause was an assembly error after tearing down the prototype and painting. Notice the HV contactor on the left is mounted on the wrong (far-side) of the baseplate...

Regards,
BrianB.