Re: [TCML] Cleaning Copper Primary Coil (with Muriatic/Hydrochloric Acid)

@David,

Are you sure you're not confusing HCl with fuming H2SO4? HCl is pretty
'mild' as far as strong acids go, and it certainly doesn't fume in a
20 baume solution. I've used it many times in the past to clean
copper, and it often works beautifully. Some H2S is made when the
copper sulfides are reacted, but not a huge amount.

Enough to be rather smelly, though.

-Adam