[TCML] Primary Coil-sections

Hi all, I have a quick question. I have been coiling for a few years now
and havent really noticed too much  of an issue with this but i am just not
sure of how it may effect the operation of a SGTC. The Primary coil
consists of 1/4 inch copper tubing which is obviously common and my
particular coil had to be made in two sections due to length availability.
Now i have them connected via an amount of alumimun HVAC/ foil tape and
continuity checks out and the output is decent. My question is, does
anybody think that this may affect the primary inductance to a concernable
amount? and might anyone know of a better method of connection for these
sections of tubing? (soldering would not work) Thank you all for your
time!  Sincerely Pete.