Re: [TCML] air core

Using former materials like fiberglass or PVC or epoxy can't have a
significant effect on self capacitance, since very little electric flux
passes through it anyways, unless the materials are excessively thick.  And
having additional self capacitance in the coil isn't necessarily a bad
thing.  At typical tesla coil frequencies I highly doubt such materials
will cause noticeable losses either (I know for sure FR4 fiberglass and PVC
work well into the hundred MHz range).

-Mike