From: "Tesla" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2012 5:26:44 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] ANOTHER ONE DOWN, ANOTHER 37667 BITES THE DUST

Re caps for big coils

The 942C series CDE 2kv 0.15uF cap is the one with all the publicity largely
due early geek group support for bulk buys and lots have been successfully
used. IMHO in bigger arrays (often at lower resonant frequencies) the CDE
942C series 0.33uF 1.6kV option is more economic. This cap has better Ipk
capabilities and is otherwise similar in spec. For bigger arrays the much
bigger capacitance is more than offset by the small extra numbers in series
required to make the voltage rating.

I've used these CDE 942C type 0.33uF 1600 volts in a 15 in series and 4 of
these strings in parallel (88nF) at 10kVA between 40 and 90 kHz without
problems in relatively short runs (< 2min) See also Robin Copini in Adelaide
Aussie who made a big array of these caps, sadly Robin's WEB pages appear to
no longer be available but there is lots about his activities in the list
archives.

see data at http://www.cde.com/catalogs/942C.pdf

Rgds
Ted in NZ