Re: [TCML] Copper Tungsten Alloy

I have a blown spark gap with annular electrodes, made of 80-20% Cu-W, in my 1800 watt TC. These electrodes have worked for 21 years with no visible wear, not even surface roughness. The other advantage of Cu-W is that it machines almost as well as free-machining brass. From my experience, I would heartily recommend this material. Let me know if you would like a drawing of my gap.

---Carl

It'll burn up a lot faster.
I use .250" 97% tungsten and it conducts just fine.
After a long run I only need to wipe the carbon off, with that much copper
you would need to grind the tips and re-adjust more often.

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Matthew Edwards<matthew.n.edwards@xxxxxxxxx