Re: [TCML] MOTs

Ive seen the inside of pole pigs with aluminum primary windings, its
more like a wide flat strap instead of wire.

As to solid-state pigs... well how do you think they do big HVDC power
conversion?  Giant solid state inverters is how...  Of course its
still at power frequency (50/60hz) so the transformers arent "solid
state" like the HF NSTs out there.  You could make pole pigs a tiny
fraction of their existing size if we could convert to a 40khz grid or
something ;-).  Corona problems would be greatly exacerbated at
hundreds of kV... it would be quite a show!

Steve