Re: [TCML] Variac Phase Shifting Info please

Hi Gary
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I did a bit of testing last week to see if I could get some phase shift using my 10A variac. I used function generator on my oscilloscope to feed a 50Hz signal into the variac (about 5v peak) and compared input and output on channel 1 and 2 of the scope. Couldn't see any phase shift as I rotated variac knob, is that because of small test voltage? I would love to know (in very simple terms please) how the variac achieves the phase shift.

Thanks again
Tesla mailing list
Tesla@xxxxxxxxxx