Re: [TCML] Voltage - Gap

On 2/2/12 5:22 PM, jhowson4@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
That's interesting Joe, hmmmm
I wonder why some people seem to never have problems with the maxwells and you have had two incidents.
I would love to run your coil parameters threw my sheet and see how the outputs compare to mine and other peoples coils. If your willing to provide your parameters that is, let me know and I will send you a message with the details I would need.

Bear in mind that Maxwell basically makes two kinds of capacitors.. there's a 1pps rated one and a 1000pps rated one and the latter are substantially bigger than the former, for the same voltage and capacitance.

See http://home.earthlink.net/~jimlux/hv/caplife.htm for some equations from a paper by an engineer at Maxwell.

It's all about thermal limits.