Re: [TCML] Bipolar tesla coil

The spectrum was computed from observed secondary voltage, by means of the buildt-in FFT feature of my Tektronix TDS2024B digital storage scope. In my little report you can see the corresponding screenshot on page 21 (center of page). The screenshot is also giving an .csv-file in higher resolution (2500 samples/shot), which was used in an Excel, in order to generate the diagram at the bottom page 20. The secondary voltage waveforms were taken by means of a Terry Fritz "plane wave antenna". Thanks for your comment.

Kurt

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- From: Ed Phillips
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2012 11:21 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Bipolar tesla coil

Neat setup.  Unfortunately I can't read German and have a question about
the 'double-humped' spectrum at the bottom page 20.  Was this measured
with a spectrum analyzer, computed from observed secondary voltage, or
something else?

Ed

Kurt Schraner wrote:

A fairly complete report about my version of a bipolar tabletop coil can be downloaded here:

http://twfpowerelectronics.com/~kurt/EBM-Museums-TC-2.pdf

This coil can easily also be converted from a halfwave- to a quarterwave TC.
Merry Christmas to all.
Kurt

<snip>