Re: [TCML] Triplet three phase tesla coil

On 8/28/12 8:20 AM, Neon Tesla wrote:
        I was thinking too much recently and I was
inspired! We build single phase twin TC so why
not build a triplet coil with three phase? Well the
first problem is most residential current is single
phase, so after seeing that many conversion
methods would cost a ton, I decided on a
barbaric method, run a three phase motor with
a single pase motor, and what do you know,
Polyphasic alternating current!

Actually, you can do it with just the three phase motor, if you can get it spinning. It's called a "rotary converter".

So this problem
aside how would one wire said coil, maybe with
a 3 phase xformer  supplying a three different
caps and spark gaps all using different phases?

Build 3 coils, with static gaps, and power them off the three phases. The coils will fire in rotation at 360 bps total.

This isn't going to be 3phase at RF, though.

Any ideas?